quarta-feira, 22 de maio de 2013

My first blogpost... and the reason why!

Hi Folks!

A few weeks ago I began taking an online course with my friend and colleague +Carla arena...


The course, entitled WebTools4Educators, has endeavoured to provide me with a richer understanding, collaboratively constructed, of course, of the resources, tools, apps, platforms, sites and opportunities for social bookmarking, LiveFeeding, application of Educational Technology and other benefits out there in the cybersphere.

This is not to say I have been hitherto oblivious to blogging... I've even had a few blogs over the years, which I've fed from time to time, but if all goes according to plan, I may actually keep this one 'alive' beyond the period of the 8-week course I'm taking.

I hope anyone reading this will, over time, feel like coming back here and seeing what's new on occasion... and I promise to at least TRY not to neglect the blog for too long! I guess you're most likely to find reflections on ELT here, since I'm a teacher trainer and ELT professional working for Learning Factory Ltd. in Brazil (www.learningfactory.net), the editorial branch of Cultura Inglesa (www.culturainglesa.net), but I may be tempted, from time to time, to muse about life, the universe and everything... the answer to which, as some of you will know... is 42.

See you around!!

G.

3 comentários:

  1. I was actually planning to share some inspiring videos here, but since the wifi network I'm currently on has certain restrictions on which sites I can visit (e.g. YouTube!!)... that will have to wait until my next post... Watch this space!

    ResponderExcluir
  2. Loved it, Graeme! Oh my God, it was just so interesting to see how much we´ve already gone through this past month! And you, as always, are the first to add your contribution! Fantastic! In fact, I do hope you keep it alive to share your musings about life and our profession. Make it a habit! Make a more elaborated post when you can, keep it short when time doesn´t allow for more, but add the habit of writing to your list. It might become addictive. And only you could think of such a suggestive name to it! Thanks for diving into edublogging.

    ResponderExcluir
    Respostas
    1. Thanks for showing me the way, Carla... or rather... inducing me to take it more seriously! :)

      Excluir